martes, 13 de marzo de 2007

multiple intelligences: activity 4


1- Listen carefully to the following melody ( Dance of the Sylphs by Berlioz). Then, write down what it suggests to you.


In this harmonious piece, the authour manages to create a rhythmic melody in which the listener has the feeling that there are girls dancing gracefully on stage.
A good example would be like this:
Without having any idea of the story behind this melody, I close my eyes when listening to it and I first can picture a sunny landscape by a lake full of bright colours where everything is calm and quiet. The melody is so soft that I can even hear birds singing and sun shining. I imagine that I am part of the picture bending in the breeze. The rhythmic melody sounds so sensual to my ears that I cannot stop dancing in my mind.
I want students to show if they already have a taste for music and if they are able to appreciate this form of art.

No hay comentarios:


"Language is a process of free creation; its laws and principles are fixed, but the manner in which the principles of generation are used is free and infinitely varied." By Noam Chomsky