sábado, 24 de marzo de 2007

multiple intelligences: activity 9


1- Respond to this newspaper article giving a piece of advice:
I am 14 years old. I am very concerned about my weight. I am so obsessed about my weight that my grades and social life are suffering. I am failing school. My grades are in the C’s and D’s and I have no friends. The point is that I am a dancer and the pressure to lose weight is immense. What can I do?

One example of a good positive advice would be:

“ You see that this way of thinking is negative for your life. You should change the point of view because there is something wrong. The first thing you should do is not to be so concerned about other people’s opinions about your weight. You are so concerned about your physical appearance because you think everybody thinks you are fat in a negative way. First, If they think you are “fat”, that should not prevent you from being yourself. It is their opinion. And I am convinced that they do not think that way about you. You should think that you are always pretty, no matter what others think. But if you want to feel much better you can be on a diet and you will be healthier and much lighter to dance. There is nothing wrong about you. It is just your way of thinking that makes you unhappy.

No hay comentarios:


"Language is a process of free creation; its laws and principles are fixed, but the manner in which the principles of generation are used is free and infinitely varied." By Noam Chomsky