sábado, 20 de diciembre de 2008

THE LITTLE PRINCE


Have you ever had the necessity of growing up quickly? I bet you have. But what does growing up mean? Does it mean having more things accessible to you? Does it really mean owning your house and your car? Or does it mean living on your own without parents telling you off? Anyway, now matter what you think about growing up. This little boy I want you to meet is a fragile and delicate creature who is going to show you how to face life with commitment and naivety. He loves the world as it is and he is unable to feel contempt. By the end of the book, you will have learnt that the essential facts in life are invisible to your eyes because it is in your heart where you will find the real answers to the fundamental questions. This is growing up. Now let’s have a look at these lines. They will serve as an example of what you might find in the book: “The stars will be the horizon you will look at while you are smiling. I will be looking at the stars as well and the sun will feed me. You will have five hundred million kisses and I will have five hundred million hugs and I will not cry anymore when I look at the horizon. And we will belong together and things will never fall apart again because we will be looking at the horizon. Thanks for having tamed me.”

No hay comentarios:


"Language is a process of free creation; its laws and principles are fixed, but the manner in which the principles of generation are used is free and infinitely varied." By Noam Chomsky